Thank you for your interest in adopting a homeless pet!
To adopt a pet from Friends For Life, you must:
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Have a legal form of identification (driver’s license or state ID)
- Be allowed to have a pet of the breed and size where you currently live.
- Be able to spend the time and resources necessary to provide the training, medical treatment, and proper care for your pet.
- Understand that our adoption cat fee is $75 for cats that are not micro-chipped; $95 for cats that are micro-chipped (includes the $20 microchip transfer fee).
- Understand that our adoption dog fee is $95 (includes the $20 microchip transfer fee).
- Understand that if adopting an un-neutered animal, a fully-refundable $250 spay/neuter deposit (cash or check only) will be held until proof of spay/neuter is provided to FFL by the adopter by the time the pet is six months old.
- Fill out an adoption application and be interviewed by an adoption counselor.
- Have the time to spend up to an hour with an adoption counselor to discuss the responsibility of owning your specific pet and making it a lifetime commitment.
The adoption process:
View our animals by clicking on the Adoptable Cats or Adoptable Dogs link. When you fall in love with someone (and we know you will), fill out an adoption application. There is a link to our adoption application on every animal's page. However, if you already know which animal you would like to adopt, you may fill out the form here:
One of our adoption counselors will then contact you for a phone interview, or you may be invited in for an in-person interview. After additional screening steps, if your application is approved, the adoptions staff will work with you to schedule a date for a trial "sleepover", or a date to meet the dog or cat if you haven’t already done so. If the meeting goes well, jump up and down, uncork the champagne and celebrate! And don't forget to shower your new furry family member with kisses!