Animal Cruelty Reports

Friends For Life does not have any law enforcement authority. But there are organizations that are funded and empowered to act on cruelty complaints.

One of those such organizations is the Houston SPCA. They have a staff and fleet of vehicles that donors have funded to enable them to respond to cruelty complaints. They have been given the authority to go into situations and act to seize animals when appropriate. If you believe you have been witness to an act of animal cruelty, please contact them and be sure to follow up on the actions taken on your complaint. If you do not hear from the HSPCA or see any result of the complaint, please let us know at

How to Report Animal Cruelty

Houston SPCA

Click here to file an Online Animal Cruelty Report

The Houston SPCA Cruelty Investigation staff depends greatly on input from the community for information concerning suspected animal cruelty. Our investigation staff is best able to perform their duties when provided with detailed descriptions of the suspected abuse:

What Can you describe the incident or incidents of animal cruelty that you think you witnessed, including type, number, and description of the animals involved?

Who Can you provide a description of the person or persons involved in the incident(s)?

When Date and time of the suspected incident(s) of abuse.

Where Due to the extensive area covered by our investigation staff, any and all information concerning the location of the incident(s) will be of primary importance.

If possible, please provide :

Street Address, including cross streets 
ZIP codes 
Landmarks, including business names and apartment complex names 

Any details that you are able to provide will increase our chances of seeing that the law is upheld and that the animals are rescued.  Complainant information is not released by Houston SPCA investigators and every measure will be taken to ensure confidentiality.

Contact information is very helpful to investigators when background information is needed. If you are a witness to animal cruelty please do not hesitate to contact the Houston SPCA at 713-869-7722 or  Click here to file an Online Animal Cruelty Report

Houston Police Animal Control

Call Houston Police Animal Control 713.884.3131 to report animal abuse, fighting or other mistreatment and/or animals in distress.

BARC (Houston Bureau of Animal Regulation & Control)

The main number at BARC is 713.229.7300

Always dial 911 in case of a life-threatening emergency.

  • To report a dangerous animal running loose or a a wild animal inside your home, call BARC 713.229.7300
  • If you have a wild animal in your yard, in the vicinity of your home, or where you are: It is not necessary to call. Respect the animal and give it plenty of space. Move family and pets to a safe and secure area. Do not attempt to touch, feed or capture the animal.